So you've lost weight but your stomach isn't shaped the way you'd like it. If you think its due to bloating, see our tips below. If not, then it probably time to start with the crunches! Here are 3 simple exercises to work your abs.
- The Plank
1. Lie face down on a mat, resting on your forearms and with your palms flat on the floor.
2. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
3. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
4. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air.
5. Hold for 20 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 3-5 reps.
- Reverse Crunch
1. Lie on your back and place your hands on the floor or behind the head.
2. Bring your legs up into the air, with your feet crossed and knees bent to 90 degrees.
3. Contract your abs to curl the hips off the floor, pushing your legs further up towards the ceiling.
4. Lower and repeat for 12-16 reps.
- Bicycle Crunch
1. Lie on your back and place your fingers behind your head.
2. Bring your knees up towards your chest and lift your shoulders off the ground.
3. Straighten your left leg out while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right. Your left elbow should almost touch your right knee.
4. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.
5. Continue alternating sides in a 'bicycle' motion for 12-16 reps.
I would like to share this with you ..my way of tonning up my stomach
1. try to stuck in your tummy to your maximum
2. hold your breathing
3. hold that pose for 30 second
4. do that whenver you are standing
tell you what? it really helps to tones up and tighten the stomach muscle..