1. Color selection is the first step in avoiding obvious foundation lines. It is best to buy foundation at a store where you can try the colors because it can be very difficult to judge shades based on the package alone. Bring someone with you who you trust to give you an honest opinion about whether or not a shade is right for you. Also, be sure to step outside of the store to see how the color looks on your skin in the sunlight.
Foundation that looks great in the store could look clown-like in natural light.
2. Begin with well-hydrated skin for even coverage. Moisturize your face and let it sink in for about five minutes.
3. Pour a very small amount of foundation onto your fingertips and dot onto your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin.
4. Using a damp cosmetic sponge, blend each dot outward until all areas of the face are covered. You can apply a little more if needed. After you are satisfied with the results, take your sponge or brush and blend the line where the foundation ends one more time around the perimeter of your face to ensure that no visible lines remain.
5. Dust with loose powder to help set the foundation in place.
6. Check your face in natural light to make sure everything is blended nicely.
Foundation doesn’t have to be scary to apply or look bad. If you’re not confident in your technique, practice before applying the rest of your makeup so that you can wash it off and start over if you aren’t happy with the results.
My Recommendation of liquid foundation :
This is the body shop liquid foundation that cost +/- RM60.. It is animal tested and it control oils on your face. I been using this for quite sometime.. I would consider this as a good product compared to those liquid foundation that I bought which cost me atlease RM150.. Not only that, you have a color range to choose from.. Im using the 04 range color.. Have a try! it is worth it!