We as a malaysian can easily get dry skin due to the weather and we are under the air-cond for long hours.. so here is what you can do to prevent it..
- Drink adequate amounts of water. drink 2000 to 3000 ml of water everyday. You lose moisture during the course of your day due to exertion and exposure to the sun. Replenish moisture by drinking fluids such as water.
- Avoid drinks that make you pass urine frequently. Drinks that do this are called diuretics and examples are coffee, caffeinated beverages, alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Avoid taking long hot showers or baths. Instead take a short shower or bath with warm water. Hot water dries your skin out and robs it of moisture.
- Protect your skin from the elements, like the sun and the cold. Put on clothing to cover most of your skin, hats to shield your face and sunglasses for your eyes. Apply moisturizers with sun protection such as spf.
- Avoid skin care products that dry your skin and make it dehydrated. use gentle cleansers to keep you skin clean. Use exfoliative skin care products on your skin and moisturize your skin after all your skin care activities.